Saturday, August 7, 2010

Mellow Yellow


I don't know what it is but lately I feel the need to have a stock pile of yellow squash at all times. Perhaps its because that they are in season and abundance in the local fruit & veg markets. Fortunately they are the central ingredient for one of my favourite receipes, Happiness Soup from Nigella Lawson's 'Forever Summer' cook book - fitting.

I've also found fresh turmeric at the markets, which is a real treat. Previously reserved for cooks who were committed to travelling all over town to hunt the little rhizomes down (even if they do look like mishapen toes at time). Home made satay, curries and soup, will never be the same again.

1 comment:

  1. that's the one Nigella book I don't have. I ought to rectify that because that soup sounds right up my alley.

    I do love those little squash. They're so perfect aren't they! I might grow them this year!

    ReplyDelete