Thursday, August 12, 2010

Tropical Challenge #1 - Rainforest Ishbel



As part of Tropical Challenge #1 here is the first shawl + summer dress combination. In this instance I had already begun knitting the shawl when I bought the dress, but it was that good strong green in the dress that complements my Rainforest Ishbel Shawl that convinced me to buy it. And its going to be a little while longer 'til I finish Travelling Woman!
Days into challenge: 50
Days wearing summer dresses for at least half of the day: 43 (that's 86% folks, well I'm impressed!)
Number of knitting projects in queue to complement dresses: 8 and possibly increasing, bound to buy more dresses though...
On the sticks:
Tropical Teal Travelling Woman Shawl - Dress: Tropical Butterfly
Tokyo Rose Aestlight - Dress: White Mexican w/Embroidery
Elizabeth Zimmerman Silver Samurai Anniversary - Dress: Grey palm leaf
Summer Shetland Shawl (red) - Dress: There's a little black one looking for some red

I recently purchased Romi's 7 Small Shawls and currently deciding which yarn to use on which shawl to go with which dress. Will the madness never end?

3 comments:

  1. Lovely colours Al, easy to imagine you floating around in the summer dresses in the tropics. I am somewhat ashamed to admit that I still haven't finsihed my knitting project but it is too humid to even think about knitting here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. im so pleased to see that shawl flu has made it to the tropics as well. its like shawl-dress fever. i love your combinations, and so impressed you have found a way to keep knitting that is also practical.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too love the shawl-dress combo idea! Your Ishbel is just so lovely. I was looking at that same set of patterns just the other day (thanks Ravelry!) but have not bought it...yet!

    ReplyDelete